Transcend is designed to go with you wherever your travels take you. We want you to enjoy the highest level of comfort and mobility with your new CPAP.
If you plan to use Transcend in-flight, we recommend you follow these tips to prepare for your trip:
- Contact the airline’s Medical Services at least two weeks prior to your travel date to obtain approval to use Transcend on-board.
- Carry a copy of the airline’s approval letter (if they provide one).
- Download a copy of the FAA_Transcend_PAP Compliance letter HERE and carry it with you while you travel.
- Carry a letter from your doctor that certifies your requirement to use a PAP device.
- If you are not using a Transcend battery on-board, arrange for seating next to a power source and verify the type of power cord or adapter needed for PAP use in-flight.
OTHER TRAVEL TIPS:
- Transcend automatically converts voltage, but may require a plug adaptor for use in another country. Interchangeable plug adaptors are supplied with the Transcend PAP power supply and country-specific power cords are available for the heated humidifier. It is recommended that you use only the Somnetics-supplied Universal Power Supplies and accessories with your CPAP and humidifier. NOTE: Do not use a power converter or voltage transformer with the PSA2 Universal Power Supply, as it may damage the device. Do not use a modified sine wave power inverter to power the humidifier.
- If you plan to use the Transcend batteries during travel, it is best to fully charge them before you leave for your trip.
- Carry your prescription, medical equipment provider information, health insurance and contact information of your primary physician with you when you travel.
- If you experience technical difficulties with your Transcend equipment, contact your medical equipment provider or Transcend customer support for assistance: 877-621-9626.